Sunday 2 July 2017

June Favourites







I can't believe how long it's been since I've done a monthly favourites - too long anyway! As it's been so long, I've accumulated quite a lot of favourites. I guess we could call it a 'several-months-favourites'...that's a thing right?! Anyway, enough rambling! Here's a look at what I've been loving recently. 

Let's start with beauty, my favourite category. A lipstick that I've been completely obsessed with is Topshop's lipstick in 'Naturist'. This is the first lipstick I've tried from Topshop and I'm seriously impressed. It's so buttery and leaves a beautiful finish. It will come right off when you eat but for the price, I'm not going to complain! The best and only primer I've been using is the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. This smooths over pores and prolongs makeup wear - it's amazing! For eyeshadow, I've been continually reaching for my Makeup Obsession Eyeshadow in 'Tawny' which is affordable and has great pigmentation. This is a perfect gold shimmer for day to night makeup! When it comes to eyeliner it can get a little stressful, especially if you're trying to achieve that 'perfect wing'. What I've been using is the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner. It has a fine tip, making the wing a little easier. It's ultra back, waterproof and lasts all day! 

Moving onto fashion favourites. I got the most fabulous distressed, pink denim jacket from Zara (sadly out of stock, but similar here & here) and I have not taken it off! It goes with black or blue jeans (or white) and paired with a simple tee or cami, creates such a simple yet stylish look! I especially love the over sized fit of this jacket! Marks and Spencer have really stepped up their fashion game and my sunglasses are no exception. The frame looks so high end and I love the feline shape combined with the mirrored lenses! Another fashion favourite is my New Look bag. I rarely shop in New Look but I spotted this and couldn't resist. It's so perfect for summer with the palm print! It's also such a cute size and you can still fit all of the essentials in. 

For TV, there have been a few shows that have been up there on my list of favourites! The Returned on Netflix was a tense, thought provoking and intriguing show that almost had a Stranger Things vibe to it. It tells the story of a town where several people who have been dead for years, suddenly come back to life. Another one is Ackley Bridge, which is a drama based around a high school in Yorkshire, following the lives of both the teachers and pupils; Think Waterloo Road. I'm really enjoying the British drama 'The Loch'; British dramas are amongst my favourite things to watch and this one based in Loch Ness is no exception! The story is about a small village facing a serial killer. If you're not watching Love Island then what are you doing?! The reality show has come back this summer for more drama, gossip and 'love'. Who doesn't love a bit of trashy TV every now and again?






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig