Sunday 6 August 2017

5 Things To Do In Nice





It's been a long time since I've done a travel post and I'm so excited to be back with one - filled with pretty pictures. I spent a week in the South of France, staying in Nice with enchanting blue skies and French culture. I was brought back down to reality with a thump as I returned home to thunder and lightning. We visited lots of spots along the Cote d'Azur but as we stayed in Nice, I thought I'd share some of the best things to do if you decide to visit!




Castle Hill

For a breathtaking view of the entire city of Nice, you need to take a visit to Castle Hill. At first I was apprehensive about this as I thought I wouldn't be able to go up it with my post-surgery back; I'd heard it was quite a walk. However, I was surprised. Yes, parts of it are steep but it's definitely worth it. It's a lovely walk and the view at the end is incredible! Located in Nice's Old Town, this is a must-see/do!




Old Town

This was my favourite part of Nice. The Old Town is rich with character, winding streets and astonishing architecture. It's a contrast with the rest of Nice; This side of the city is filled with colourful buildings, markets and centuries of history. One moment you're in a modern city and the next you're discovering hidden gems of the Old Town. 

Promenade des Anglais

If you visit Nice without having a stroll along the Promenade des Anglais then you're doing it all wrong! This is particularly pretty at night when the city really comes to life. This walk really encapsulates the romantic and mysterious air of France. 




Have a Macaroon from Angea

We came across this shop while we were exploring the Old Town. Quite possibly one of the prettiest shops I've ever seen...and its filled with macaroons! They have a wide range of flavours but we got the Rose - when I say this was the most beautiful thing I've ever tasted, I'm not exaggerating! We ate ours while admiring the view from Castle Hill; Can it get any better?!




Cathedrale Russe

This was our last stop before heading home to sunny NI. St Nicholas Cathedral is a Russian Orthodox church located in Nice. The architecture is simply amazing with the beautiful domes, colours and intricate details. The inside is just as stunning with gold and blue details everywhere you turn. To soak up culture and admire jaw-dropping architecture, this is the place to go!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig