Tuesday 24 October 2017

My Autumn/Winter Makeup Bag



I did a post all about my Summer makeup bag a while back (now seems like a lifetime ago) so I thought I'd share the ways in which I've updated my makeup bag for Autumn and Winter. Some items have stayed the same so I've left them out but as for the new additions...

I wanted a cheaper alternative to my Smashbox primer for everyday wear and this primer is perfect! It has a creamy consistency and creates a smooth base for applying makeup. This prolongs foundation wear and can also be applied on no-makeup days to protect and brighten the skin. 

I've been meaning to try this foundation for a while now and I actually really like it. I would say it's medium to buildable coverage with a fairly matte finish. It claims to last 24 hours and I mean let's be honest that never really happens, however it does have pretty good staying power. I have the one for normal/dry skin and it feels moisturising and lightweight on the skin. I apply this with a large buffing brush which I find gives a lovely finish!

When it comes to A/W I don't like to go overboard with the bronzer, however I'll never go a day without blush. The Natural Collection blushers are so affordable and so good! I have the shade 'Rosey Glow' and it's a gorgeous dusky pink colour. However, make sure you apply this with a very light hand as you don't want to look like a clown...

I'm not going into detail here as I have a whole blog dedicated to this palette here. However, what I will say is this is literally Autumn in a palette - stunning!

If you're anything like me you'll have read 'Joan Collins' and thought no, I'm not fussed on looking like an 84 year old just yet! BUT I couldn't have been more wrong! This mascara is fabulous, it's so lengthening and thickening which is right up my street! Also, the packaging is seriously stunning. 

I have this in the shade 'Meet My Pink'. It's creamy and moisturising with a semi-matte finish. This shade is a beautiful berry colour, perfect for A/W. Obviously, we sadly can't access Sephora that easily here so, a lovely alternative is a Topshop lipstick in 'Devotion'. I love Topshop lipsticks and this shade is perfect - similar here and here

So there's a quick roundup of my A/W makeup bag, what's in yours? 


**Disclaimer: I was kindly gifted the Joan Collins Mascara but all opinions are my own.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig