Friday 26 January 2018

What I've Been Loving Lately...

makeup, you do you, Marc Jacobs daisy, toner, l'oreal, stila liquid lipstick, lipstick, face mask, makeup brands,


From Christmas to beginning a New Year, this little space has been lacking from my monthly favourites updates. So, I thought I'd give you a run down of some of the things I've been loving lately and would definitely recommend; whether it be lipstick or a book!





There have been a few lip products that I've been using (and obsessing over) lately. The Stila Stay All Day Liquid  Lipstick has been my go-to recently. I have the shade 'Perla',  a perfect pinky-nude and it literally 'stays all day'! It's creamy which makes it easy to apply but it dries matte...funny enough! The next two are of a similar type - moisturising, sheer and perfect for everyday wear. The Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick in 'Guava' and the No7 Lovely Lips Lip Balm in 'Parisian Pink'. These both have a gorgeous sheen to them and would be lovely in the Summer months! I've also fallen back in love with Marc Jacobs 'Daisy' - it's a subtle, floral and fresh scent and I love it!



Next up...skincare! When it come to cleansing I can be pretty lazy and just grab the micellar water (which is fine!) but sometimes it's nice to put in a little more effort! For this, I love the Estee Lauder Take It Away Cleanser. This wipes away makeup so effortlessly and it's fresh, creamy and hydrating. I'm giving a quick mention to two products that I've been testing out. The L'Oreal Fine Flowers Toner smells incredible, refreshes my skin and removes any impurities. Also, the L'Oreal Pure Clay Blemish Rescue Face Mask - this gets deep into your pores and unclogs to leave the skin smooth and pure. This minimised any blemishes overnight! Something that doesn't quite fit in with the skincare category (but I'll leave it here anyway) is Lavender Oil. This may seem random but if you have issues with sleep or struggle to wind down and relax this is a lifesaver! I pop a few drops of this on my pillow, instantly feeling more relaxed and I sleep like a baby! You can find this at your nearest health store (Framar, Holland & Barret). 



When it comes to books, I love anything from a novel to a coffee table book. In the past month I've been reading three in particular that are great! If you're in need of a little motivation or would like a more lighthearted, humorous approach to a 'self-help' book, 'You Do You' is one to check out! This is the third in Sarah Knight's, series and the first one I've read. It's the little encouragement/kick up the backside you need! The other is by Megan Hess, whose fashion illustrations are simply amazing! I've got several of her books and each one is as stunning as the next. The most recent one I've been reading is 'Coco Chanel: The Illustrated World Of Fashion Icon'. Coco Chanel is a true inspiration for me and I couldn't have wished for a better insight into her life and the brand! I also recently started Gail Honeyman's 'Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine' and as soon as I read the first chapter I knew I was going to love it! This is such an interesting book with a fascinating lead character - I can't wait to keep reading!

Until next time,  Katie x


***Disclaimer: I was gifted the Marc Jacobs 'Daisy' fragrance.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig