Tuesday 6 June 2017

The Summer Makeup Bag






For me, Summer makeup is all about light, dewy skin. On warm days you don't want to be sweating all the layers of your makeup off (gross, but true) so, you want a minimalistic approach while still looking put together and alive. I've rounded up a few of my favourites which should just about give you a full face of glowing skin! 

You're going to want your makeup to stay on well so, first things first, a primer! I have fallen in love with the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. This magic in a tube almost creates a velvety film over your face, minimising visible pores and resulting in a seriously smooth texture. It's a cream-gel texture that leaves your skin feeling soft and works for easy makeup application. A little goes a long way with this one! 

Onto your base, aka the most important part. You don't want this to look thick or cakey in any way so, I've opted for Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. With it's light to medium coverage it leaves your skin looking very natural, while still covering uneven skin tone. If you have oily skin, this foundation would be good for you as it has a matte finish. This foundation is full of vitamins that work to hydrate and reduce signs of fatigue. 

To give you that sun-kissed look I've chosen my trusty Bourjois Bronzing Powder which works for a wide range of skin tones - even my very pale skin! To give you a subtle golden colour, use a bronzing brush with a light hand and dust your cheeks and hairline. To complement the bronzer, I decided on a peachy toned blush which I think is very summery. This Lily Lolo Mineral Blush (Juicy Peach) is lovely on the apples of the cheeks. However, you don't want orange cheeks so apply sparingly (if you go overboard simply dab it with a beauty blender until you reach your desired colour).

To achieve that desired luminosity you're going to need two things. To highlight and brighten under your eyes I recommend YSL Touche Eclat which will make you look awake and radiant. Then, for highlight - all the glow! I've been using the Seventeen Shimmer Brick and it creates almost a pearlescent effect which is stunning! Even better when it's so affordable. 

For the eyes I've chosen two of my favourite products. I opted for an eye shadow stick as it requires no effort and gives a glossy, shimmery finish. I've been loving the Eyeko Shadow Liner in Topaz all over the lid. It provides such a pretty but subtle shimmer. For mascara I'm using my absolute favourite, the EstĂ©e Lauder Mascara which is literally the most lengthening mascara I've ever used! This combo is perfect and go-to Summer duo!

I've been trying to find the ultimate Summer lipstick and I discovered this Rimmel Lipstick in the most stunning coral-red shade (Cheeky Coral). This has Summer written all over it. It's got a buttery texture, leaving a satin finish. 

To finish things off I spritz my face with the NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray, which helps my makeup last that little bit longer and helps to achieve that glowy, dewy finish! 

What does your Summer makeup consist of?








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig