Friday 16 June 2017

This Is Reality 


I flick my phone onto Facebook and the news comes flooding in. I keep flicking, barely believing what I'm reading. I want to throw my phone across the room, curl myself into a ball, lock the gates and pretend none of this is happening.

It is.

This is reality.

The London and Manchester attacks hit me harder than most. They were too close to home. I know it's not just me that was thinking this; the whole nation was shaken by these attacks. I was so torn as to whether to speak about this on here, which is why it's late. However, I don't think this is something that is ever going to be irrelevant...I wish it was. 

Indivuals lost their lives and many were injured. I can't begin to imagine how the families and friends of those that were killed or hurt must have felt; and will continue to feel for a long time to come. There is no way that my words can do justice but they can be a tribute at the very least.

What restores my faith in this world is the bravery, courage and determination of the emergency services. I'm sure we're all aware of how essential they were throughout these attacks. Attending the scenes within minutes and attempting to calm a distressed nation down. That isn't light work. 

There have been numerous attacks across the globe and with every new attack comes a new sense of fear. But, as I say all of this, I'm reminded of the thought which the 'One Love' concert in Manchester promoted; Love is bigger than fear. Love brings a nation together. We won't let them win.

This is also reality. 

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix



*Photos from Google Images


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig