Thursday 27 July 2017

The Makeup Tools You Need




Good makeup brushes and tools are essential to flawless makeup application. If I'm being honest I probably have far too many... I use lots of different types, however I'm going to break it down to the absolute essentials! 

Foundation Buffing Brush
This is the most important, it's the starting point. For foundation, I always use a buffing brush - mine is the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. This helps the makeup to blend seamlessly and get coverage all over the face!

Beauty Blender
This is an all rounder - it can be used to apply foundation or blend concealer in. The real Beauty Blenders are far too expensive for a sponge (in my opinion), instead I opt for the Real Techniques beauty sponge. This does the job perfectly! For even better results, slightly dampen the sponge to create a more dewy finish and prevent the sponge from absorbing the makeup.

Bronzer Brush
I like to use a bronzer brush that isn't too big, the perfect size to add bronze to the cheeks and temples without going overboard. A brush that is soft and not too dense is ideal. My favourite bronzer brush is by Isabella Scott, which can be hard to get hold off but you can find them in TK Maxx. I swear by this brush.

Blusher Brush
To add a little rosiness to your cheeks, you're going to need a blusher brush. You definitely don't want a brush that's too big, otherwise you end up looking like a tomato. A brush that's too small can be tricky as well, as it can look too precise. I go for a medium sized brush as it gets the right amount of product to provide a natural colour to the cheeks. 

Powder Brush
To hold your makeup in place or simply mattify your face, a powder brush is essential. To set under the eyes a small brush works well (Real Techniques Contour Brush) and for all over the face, a larger fluffy brush is perfect (Eco Tools Powder Brush). 

Flat Eyeshadow Brush
For applying colour all over the lid, I swear by a flat eyeshadow brush such as the Zoeva 232. This applies eyeshadow so easily and is super handy! 

Eyeshadow Crease Brush
This is my all time favourite eyeshadow brush, the Real Techniques 203 which I use for applying colours to the crease. You can also use this for the outer corner, it's such a practical shape!

Eyeshadow Blending Brush
To create that perfectly blended look, a blending brush is a must-have! I would recommend the Zoeva 228 brush for effortless blending that will give you a beautiful finish - and an edge-free look!

What are your essential makeup tools?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig