Thursday 14 May 2020

Chocolate Brownies with White Chocolate

chocolate brownie with white chocolate, chocolate, white chocolate

baking, chocolate traybake, white chocolate, brownie

Hey all! I hope you're staying safe and thinking of lots of things to do while at home. I wonder how many of us have turned into culinary goddesses during this lockdown?! Never mind banana bread left right and centre, my instagram feed is baking heaven right now! I've always been a keen baker but the past several weeks have been the perfect opportunity for people to try out new recipes, return to old favourites or experiment a little.

A few days back it was my boyfriend and my two year anniversary, so I fancied baking him some chocolate brownies as they're his favourite! I knew I wanted something with a more gooey texture (to me that's the perfect brownie) and with white chocolate chunks. I found a recipe on Very Best Baking by Nestle with a small list of ingredients and easy to make. Obviously, being a Nestle recipe, they used their own brand of cocoa powder and white chocolate chips but I just used whatever I had in the cupboard. I used  Finn Carre (Lidl brand) chunky white chocolate as I wanted bigger chunks rather than small chocolate chips. You can adjust the amount of white chocolate depending on personal preferences! For the cocoa powder I used Food Thoughts' Natural Cacao Powder which is a better alternative to standard cocoa powder due its non-processed and natural qualities. My brownies didn't sink in the centre once they cooled down, but the Nestle recipe says this might happen so don't panic! They also save some white chocolate to drizzle over the brownies at the end but I wanted to keep it simple and dusted icing sugar over them instead.

I recommend either eating these when they're still warm or popping them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds if you're eating them later. There's nothing better than a warm, melt in the mouth brownie! My tummy is rumbling as I type!! If you want to be really indulgent serve them with some whipped cream or ice cream. I really hope you try these chocolate brownies out and enjoy the recipe as much as I did! For now, I'll stop waffling so you can look at the important part...

brownie, chocolate brownie with white chocolate chips

Recipe

Ingredients


  • 1 cup (120g) plain flour
  • 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup (170g) butter, melted 
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1-2 cups (100-200g) white chocolate chips or white chocolate bars, chopped

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line an 8inch baking tray with baking paper. 

2. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside. 

3. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. 

4. Gradually beat in the flour mixture, until well combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips.

5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out slightly sticky. 



That's it! How simple is that? Let me know if you try these brownies out and most importantly, keep baking!


chocolate brownie, white and milk chocolate, double chocolate

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig